Friday, July 1, 2011

Half-baked

- - - HALF OF 2011 IS GONE - - - -

So declares a daily email I recieve from a friend.  Don't worry, the daily message also includes a quote, a ponderable, a jeopardy question, a word of the day, and list of notable events that happened on this day in history.  So it's not all gloom and doom.

For whatever reason, I thought about all the half-baked ideas I have floating in my head.  You know those little snippets that will one day grow up to be blog posts?  I have a few laying around.  (Several are scrawled on post-it notes that reside on my bedside table. I'm very high-tech that way.  Now that I think about it...some are currently serving as bookmarks in the pile of books that also lives on/beside/around my bedside table.  Poor things.  They deserve better.)

As a perfectionist and an overanalyzer, I tend to hold onto these ideas for a very long time.  I need to get back in the habit of just writing.  Letting it out while the ideas are fresh.  So I think July will be about sharing my snippets...even if they are half baked.

Stay tuned.


P.S. - For those of you who are curious about the contents of my morning email.
  • "He who lets time rule him will live the life of a slave." John Arthorne
  • Why are they called hemorrhoids – shouldn’t they be called asteroids?
  • Jeopardy category: Shall we play a game? $1000 Answer: Four of these “Hungry” animals compete to “eat” as fast as possible in a “frantic marble munching game”.
  • Word of the day: Supposititious \suh-pah-zuh-TISH-us\   adjective 
    • 1a : fraudulently substituted : spurious b : of a child (1) : falsely presented as a genuine heir (2) : illegitimate
    • 2a : imaginary b : of the nature of or based on a supposition : hypothetical
  • On this day in history:
    • 1863 - American Civil War: the Battle of Gettysburg begins.
    • 1904 - Games of the III Olympiad open in Saint Louis, Missouri.
    • 1963 - ZIP Code introduced for United States mail.
    • 1979 - Sony introduces the Walkman.
    • 1980 – “O Canada” officially becomes the national anthem of Canada.
    • 1987 - Excavation begins on the Channel Tunnel.
    • 1999 - At the first meeting of the Scottish Parliament in nearly three centuries, Winnie Ewing opened with the famous words, "The Scottish Parliament, adjourned on the 25th day of March in the year 1707, is hereby reconvened."
You're welcome. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment