Saturday, April 11, 2009

An Easter Trilogy – Part 2

Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.


Dearest Jesus,

How many times am I like the mourning disciples on the days between Good Friday and Easter? I just don’t understand what you’re up to. You are working behind the scenes. You are going where I cannot go. You are redeeming what I cannot rescue. You are conquering what I cannot face.

You knew what you were sent to do. You gave so many clues to your disciples. And they just did not understand. Sometimes I feel like I’m in that same boat. Help me to think the way you think, and to see the picture you see.

But even when I don’t get it. When all seems lost. When you feel absent, asleep, or dead… Help me not to mourn but to wait and have faith in what you’re doing that is beyond my vision and understanding. I don’t need to feel hopeless or despondent. All is not lost. You're preparing a table. Morning is just a few hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment