Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Good Fruit

Favorite Proverbs: #39 Good Fruit

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and the one who is wise saves lives. Proverbs 11:30

What has God planted inside you that’s ready to bear fruit this season?

Relentless optimism.  That's been my motto and my mantra this past year.  It's been a doozy for sure, and I've been honored to be the cheerleader of my family. Something Liz said in her post really resonated with me. "God calls us not only to bloom where we’re planted, but also to bloom where we’ve been transplanted for the sake of others."

That's something I think I was doing pretty well through the summer, and even the fall...but then winter hit.  Somewhere in the midst of the short days, cold weather, being cooped up in the house, and weathering the emotional chaos of the season, my optimism lost it's edge.  It was still there, but maybe more weary than relentless.

But I feel that changing.  And not just because of the weather.  I can feel the seeds of joy and kindness growing once again, bringing with them a renewed sense of purpose in the role I've been called to serve.

Bloom where I'm transplanted.  I'm definitely going to take that thought to heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment