Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Separation

The first thing I do when I open my jar of almond butter?  Give it a good stirring.  Because if I don't, there's a nice little layer of oil right at the top.  And I'm not after just the oil, I want a rich and crunchy spoonful of almond butter.

Oil separation is natural in organic butters.  (Peanut butter, almond butter, etc.)  As they sit still in their jars, the nuts naturally settle to the bottom while the oil rises to the top. 

But it got me thinking.

About sitting still, and getting separated.
About the benefits of being stirred up every once in a while.
About the need to have oil blended over, under, around, and through all the parts of my life, and not just sitting on top.

I've always known I'm a bit nutty.
(I'm thankful for a God who stirs.)

-------------------------------------------------------------
"I will show you my faith by what I do." ~ James 2:18

No comments:

Post a Comment