Thursday, August 26, 2010

Diet Coke

I had a drive-thru breakfast this morning.  Three chicken minis (230 calories of deliciousness) and a Diet Coke.  As the server was handing me my drink, her eyes suddenly got all big and happy.  "I love that water!" she exclaimed.  I sleepily looked to my right to refresh my mind to what she was talking about.  And there, very healthy and conspicuous, was my 5-pack of 1-liter smart waters (There were six yesterday).  I love them too. I grinned back at her and said, "I know, right!  And once you have one, you can't go back to regular water. They're just so good."

It was as I was driving away that conviction struck.

My smart water was right there.  Right there!  It's the good, healthy choice.  And here I am, drinking a Diet Coke.  It's not the worst choice, but certainly not the best.

I've made other Diet Coke choices lately too.  Choosing the option, reaction, attitude that wasn't best.  They weren't ice cream mixed with peanut butter perched on a warm brownie and topped with whipped cream. They were just Diet Coke.  Even still, I'm a little disappointed in myself.  But just like in my car, I'm not without my resources.  I know what to do.  The smart water is right there.  It's just up to me to open up and drink it.

Do good, Regina.  Do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment